Subscribe:
    Subscribe Twitter Facebook

    Wednesday, August 4, 2010

    A new day

    I'm not in a mood to kill anyone today. It has been raining in Ahmedabad for the last three days and we haven't stepped out much.

    Oh. How did I forget about yesterday?

    We found this little shop called 'Mocktail Shots' on our way home. Since Gujarat is a so-called dry state, the name is definitely catchy. Little did we know that we'd end up liking the place so much. Coming to it in a bit.

    The day before, my hungry-at-odd-hours hubby suggested that we make cold coffee for ourselves. Me being the join-you-in-the-odd-hour-hunger wife agreed and we proceeded to make the coffee. No ice nor ice cream in the fridge. We decided to make do with just the milk. The result was a complete disaster. The wierdest cold coffee ever. And I made my poor hubby drink it.

    So, this place that we went to had coffee better than the Cafe Coffee Days and Mocha and Barista combined. And at half the price. Take it from me, who loves her coffee like she does. I would be the last person giving undue credit to a place (or a person). Hubby had this coffee called 'Vanilla Iced Coffee' and boy was it yummmmmm. Next time I go there, that's what I'm going to have.

    What did I have this time?

    Virgin Pina Colada.

    It was decent but I had my eye on hubby darling's coffee. Next time :)

    I might actually begin liking this city better, maybe once I learn to speak their language.  More on the language bit in the next blog.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment